We focus on helping you better understand your diagnosis so you can improve your ability to manage your disease, your medical treatment and any side effects you may experience.
The goals of the oncology nursing at Home programs are to:
- Educate you and your caregiver in medication management
- Manage the side effects of medication, treatment and the symptoms of your disease
- Prevent hospitalizations resulting from avoidable complications of the disease
- Work collaboratively with your physician to improve your health
- Improve your quality of life.
Our Oncology Nursing begins with a comprehensive assessment of your needs by specially trained and highly skilled nurses. Your nurse will answer your questions and give you and your family a personalized plan of care.
Ongoing oncology nursing includes:
- Education and training for you and your caregiver
- Monitoring the effects of your treatments and medications
- Helping you manage complications of symptoms, including identifying problematic side effects that may need a doctor’s attention
- Assisting with personal care as needed
- Making patient reports available to physician.
Learn more at the American Cancer Society: www.cancer.org